Last Updated: July 29, 2022
Reading Time: 6 min
May 27, 2022
New World Musket Patch Note Changelog
Below is a running list of changes for each patch for all things relating to the Musket in New World. The most recent patch is listed first and then in descending order by date.
July Update Summer Medleyfair – July 27th, 2022
- Fixed a visual discrepancy that caused impact effects for the Musket to appear even if the server invalidated the shot.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Shooter Stance camera to not reset when entering an Arena.
- Fixed an issue that caused shots to fire too soon when entering Shooter Stance from a dodge.
- Fixed an incorrect idle animation when the character was exhausted.
- Updated Musket reload to not have to play through the first half of the reload if the reload was interrupted after that portion of the animation played. After being interrupted and completing the first half of a reload, only the second half of the reload animation will now play.
- Fixed an issue that caused the shooting animation to trigger earlier than intended after a reload.
May Arenas Patch – May 26th, 2022
- Fixed a bug where impact effects for the musket may have played even if the server invalidated a client’s shot.
- Fixed an issue that caused firing inputs to not buffer when entering ADS with the Musket.
- Hit your Mark Passive: Updated the description to clarify that this passive only works for standard musket shots and not overloaded shots (i.e. Power Shot and Powder Burn).
- Marksman Passive: Fixed an issue where overloaded shots would not count towards the number of consecutive hits.
- Shooter’s Stance: Fixed an issue where the musket would fire unintentionally in Shooter’s Stance with the Tactical Reload passive.
- Sticky Bomb: Fixed an issue where the bomb would disappear without detonating when it attached to destroyed objects.
- Sticky Bomb: Fixed an issue where the musket was not removed from the player’s hand for remote clients while holding a sticky bomb.
- Powder Burn: Fixed an issue where attempting to fire Powder Burn while prone would instead fire Power Shot.
- Trap: Cleaned up several visible aspects for better readability and effect matching.
- Increased the model size of traps in order to make them more visible and to match the size of the trigger volume.
- Updated animation timing to match trap appearance.
- Adjusted projectile arc and speed to make throwing feel smoother and to make the trap land closer to the reticle position.
April Bugs and Balance Patch – April 25th, 2022
- Fixed an issue where the Shooter’s Stance camera could get stuck if jumping while activating the ability.
- Fixed issue where the Scent of Blood upgrade was applied to all roots and not just the traps’ root.
- Fixed an issue that could occur while using ADS and Shooter’s Stance at the same time, where the camera could get stuck in ADS and slow player movement.
Heart of Madness Patch – March 30th, 2022
- Shooter’s Stance
- Fixed an issue where Shooter’s Stance was increasing the meter for the “Censored” mutator if the player entered and exited the stance without ability going on cooldown. It will now only increment of the meter after the first shot is fired while in Shooter’s Stance.
- Marksman: Fixed an issue where this upgrade was not functioning properly.
- Back it Up: Fixed an issue where this passive was disabled while using Sticky Bomb.
- Critical Reload: Fixed an issue that caused the sound effects for this passive to play incorrectly. Improved reliability of hit counting.
- Infinite Ammo: T1 Flint ammo is being replaced by an infinite resource. Players can now fire ranged weapons (Musket, Bow and Blunderbuss) without equipping ammo.
- If no ammo is equipped, an ammo counter will not be displayed on the reticle and the weapon will still be allowed to fire.
- If players have a higher tier ammo equipped in a game mode that provides infinite ammo (such as Outpost Rush) an infinity icon will appear on the reticle instead to distinguish it from having no ammo equipped.
- Ammo rarity/damage tiers have been updated as follows:
- T1 Infinite (Previously Flint) = 1.00x damage.
- T2 Iron = 1.05x damage.
- T3 Steel = 1.10x damage.
- T4 Starmetal = 1.15x damage.
- T5 Orichalcum = 1.20x damage.
- Flint Arrows: These arrows have been removed from the game due to the addition of infinite ammo. Any Flint Arrows previously created will become Iron Arrows. Additionally, any Flint Arrows posted on the trading post will be canceled and returned as Iron Arrows to the player who posted the listing.
- Ammo weight has been removed.
- Increased maximum stack count for ammo from 500 to 1000.
Bug Fixes Patch – February 28th, 2022
- Sticky Bomb:
- Fixed an issue where Sticky Bomb’s crit damage was not increased when the crit damage numbers would appear. Crits will now deal ~273% weapon damage.
- Reduced Sticky Bomb base damage from 235% weapon damage to 210% weapon damage.
- Fixed an issue where Sticky Bomb had broken and inconsistent transitions upon exiting the throw depending on the actions performed after the throw. This could cause the player to be locked out of other abilities until they moved or switched weapons.
- Shooter’s Stance:
- Fixed an issue where firing too quickly after entering Shooter’s Stance would not consume a shot, allowing players to bypass the 5 shot limit.
- Fixed an issue where exiting Shooter’s Stance would reset stacks of the Heightened Precision passive.
- Fixed an issue which could allow players to bypass the animation for Shooter’s Stance and fire from a standing position.
- Stopping Power:
- This ability has been reworked and no longer empowers your next shot, but instead fires a special bullet after a short warmup time that knocks back your target if it hits.
- Stopping Power can be fired from aim down sights or hip fired.
- Stopping Power’s hit-reaction animation changed to better match the timing that the target is staggered.
- Ability description updated to reflect new functionality.
- Cooldown increased from 15 seconds to 20 seconds.
- Powder Burn and Power Shot:
- Loaded shots can now be overwritten. Activating one of these abilities to load a shot while the other is already loaded will replace the previously loaded shot with the new shot.
- Fixed an issue where loaded shots from these abilities were not counting towards the Heightened Precision passive stacking.
- Hustle: Fixed an issue where the this passive had a shorter duration than intended while the Back it Up passive was also active.
- Players can now use consumables while reloading. Using consumables will interrupt reloading.
- Fixed an issue that allowed musket basic attacks to be activated underwater.
Mutators Patch – January 25th, 2022
- Fixed an issue that allowed Musket and Bow light attacks to be activated underwater.
- Fixed issue where if shift was being held while aiming down sights with a bow or musket, or if a player used any navigation action, the animations would stutter.
Winter Convergence Patch – December 16, 2021
- Fixed an issue where the musket would reload slower when stamina was depleted.
- Fixed an issue where the player’s back warped unnaturally while sheathing the musket in the prone position.
- Fixed an issue where the shoot animation could be skipped, which unintentionally increased the Musket’s rate of fire.
- Fixed an issue that caused Musket charged shots to not be expended while firing from the crouched position.
Into the Void Patch – November 18th, 2021
- Increased Musket base damage by 2.5%
- Fixed an issue where the Musket could not be reloaded after dodge rolling then triggering autorun.
- Fixed an issue where reloading would not automatically resume after an interruption when the player was aiming.
- Fixed an issue where musket overcharged shots were not being consumed while hip-firing when crouched.
- Traps can no longer can be triggered by players in Death’s Door.
- Sticky Bomb
- Increased damage from 175% to 235%.
- Stopping Power
- Reduced cooldown from 18s to 15s.
- Power Shot
- Reduced cooldown from 15s to 12s.
- Shooter’s Stance
- Reduced cooldown from 20s to 18s.
- Players can now exit Shooter’s Stance by pressing sprint, the ability key, dodge, Esc, or releasing RMB.
- Critical Reload
- Fixed an issue that caused this passive to function inconsistently.