Last Updated: February 24, 2023
Reading Time: 5 min
May 27, 2022
New World Life Staff Patch Note Changelog
Below is a running list of changes for each patch for all things relating to the Life Staff in New World. The most recent patch is listed first and then in descending order by date.
July Update Summer Medleyfair – July 27th, 2022
- Fixed an issue that caused dodging to not cancel Light’s Embrace and Divine Embrace casts.
- Fixed an issue that caused other hotkeys to be assigned to Targeted Healing hotkeys.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Protector’s Strength passive to incorrectly show 10% in the tooltip instead of 20%.
- Fixed an issue that caused Sacred Ground cooldown to trigger before the spell was cast.
- Fixed an issue that destroyed the Beacon AOE when hitting neutral targets.
May Arenas Patch – May 26th, 2022
- Fixed an issue where light attacks canceled targeted healing when Stickylock was enabled.
- Fixed an issue that caused targeted healing to attempt to lock on to targets beyond the range of healing spells.
- Cleaned up animations and fixed missing visuals and sounds when self-healing.
- Targeted Heals: These abilities now allow movement while casting.
- Light’s Embrace: Increased cast time to 1s.
- Light’s Embrace: Reduced bonus healing per buff from 30% to 15%.
- Added a UI element to indicate whether or not group mode healing is enabled. This indicator will only be shown when group mode healing is on, the player has their life staff active, and they are a member of a group. This also fixed an issue that caused the Targeted Healing out of range highlight to not function when activating target lock with MMW or target Hotkeys.
- Targeted healing spells are now limited by line of sight, except in Expeditions.
April Bugs and Balance Patch – April 25th, 2022
- Added hotkeys for the Targeted Healing system. There is now an assignable hotkey for targeting each member of your group; 1 through 5. Group Mode can now be toggled on and off with a new assignable hotkey. Find new hotkeys in ‘Key Bindings’ tab of the ‘Settings Menu’ under the ‘Life Staff Combat’ section.
Heart of Madness Patch – March 30th, 2022
- Orb of Protection: Fixed a text error with the tooltip that stated it healed for 10% weapon damage when it actually healed for 8%. Actual healing values were not changed, only text was corrected.
- Sacred Protection: Fixed an issue that caused this passive to deal durability damage to the equipped weapon when swapping.
- Spirits United: Fixed an issue that caused this passive to deal durability damage to the equipped weapon when swapping.
- Sacred Ground:
- Blessed (Upgrade):
- Changed the name of this upgrade to be “Anointed” so as not to be confused with the item perk of the same name.
- Fixed an issue where this upgrade provided healing through Ice Gauntlet’s Entombed ability.
- Basic Attacks:
- Light and heavy attacks can now be canceled by self-targeted heals.
- Fixed an issue that allowed light attacks to fire at a faster rate while holding the block button.
- Divine Embrace: Fixed an issue where the channeling UI element did not match the actual casting time of the ability.
- Divine Embrace: Fixed a visual misalignment between casting timer and animation effects.
Bug Fixes Patch – February 28th, 2022
- Speed of Light:
- Fixed an issue where the Speed of Light haste was not applying to the caster if their weapon was sheathed.
- Haste applied by Speed of Light will now apply to all targets within the AoE, not just allies who are healed. The tooltip has been updated to reflect this new functionality.
Mutators Patch – January 25th, 2022
- Fixed issue where Mending Protection wasn’t functioning properly. To fix the issue the following changes were made:
- Updated Mending Protection be able to be re-applied by any Orb Of Protection heal, even the recovery form Protector’s Blessing.
- To compensate for that the duration has been shortened and the effect of it has been reduced. Previously it was 5%-40% for 5s that only applied as the ability was initially used, now it is 5%-25% for 3s. That duration can be refreshed with each tick of recovery and additional applications of Orb of protection.
Winter Convergence Patch – December 16, 2021
- Splash of Light:
- Purify: Updated description to specify that the target must be healed for debuffs to be removed.
- Beacon: Fixed an issue where the healing buff would persist on the caster after leaving the circle.
Into the Void Patch – November 18th, 2021
- Reduced base healing by 20% across the board to account for the increase in healing from equip load
- Targeting Adjustments
- Normalized all targeted healing spells (and target lock-on) to have a max range of 25 meters.
- Added out of range targeted healing functionality:
- Group UI will change color when the target is out of range.
- If the target moves out of range, the spell will cancel instead of casting targeting yourself.
- Trying to cast a targeted heal on an out of range target will display a “target is out of range” notification.
- Fixed an issue where targeted heals activated by using the ability key would not perform a direct heal on the intended target.
- Sacred Ground
- Fixed an issue where the Life Staff Sacred Ground VFX and tooltip stated it lasted longer than the actual duration.
- Reduced the effectiveness of the Sacred Ground fortify perk from 3% – 15% to 3% – 10%.
- Reduced Holy Ground stamina and mana regeneration from 100% to 50%.
- Fixed an issue that allowed the healing from this skill to be stacked from multiple sources if they were using different ability upgrades.
- Splash of Light
- Increased the efficiency of Life Staff’s Splash of Light ability from 40% to 60%.
- Increased the efficiency of Splash of Light’s Shared Recovery Upgrade from 3% to 5%.
- Orb of Protection
- Fixed an issue where the Shared Protection effect was being refreshed by the healing applied by Protector’s Blessing.
- Mending Protection (Item Perk): This perk’s functionality has been changed. Instead of triggering if the target does not have any active buffs, it now triggers if the target healed by Orb of Protection is under 50% health.
- Light’s Embrace
- Increased the efficiency of Light’s Embrace Connection Upgrade from 1% to 2%.
- Blessed (Item Perk): Reduced healing bonus effectiveness from a range of 10% – 30% to a range of 5% – 20%.